2/29/08

Why Parents Should Let Their Kids Ride Bikes in the House

While I was home Trev was trying to ride his bike around the house and Mom didn't really appreciate it:




Trevor didn't have school today. Since he can't ride in the house he decided to go play outside on his bike. As he was leaving Mom remembered that the new health insurance wouldn't kick in until tomorrow. So as he and his buddy Dillion were pulling out of the driveway Mom ran outside and stopped them.

"Don't be too stupid, our health insurance doesn't kick in until tomorrow," she said.

Trevor leaned over and opened the glove department and pulled out a little white box and said, "That's why Dillion brought this." It was a firstaid kit. Trev and Dillion started busting up and thought they were pretty funny. Then they drove off to the skate park.

About an hour and a half later Mom's cell rings, "I broke my collar bone, Mom." To which Mom replied, "This isn't a funny time to play a joke."

Trev then said he wasn't being funny and Dillion was driving him to the hospital right now. Mom said, "Nope, come home first. We'll see what we can do."

When I asked Mom how Trevy felt about that she said, "I don't care how much pain he's in today. I warned him and he's gonna have to suck it up until we can go in with insurance."



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH HOW I MISS HOME.... Occasional swats with kitchen utensils, brownies, and usually a lot of pain.

Kristy Martin said...

Brian broke his in highschool, and even once it was healed, it STILL lookes JUST like that...good luck trev!

Fressia Vaughn said...

Trev's actually requires a surgery to fix, so I'm assuming the doc will straigten it out... but then again this is Springtown, Texas... hopefully they're taking him to a surgeon in DFW...

Shiree said...

Hi, I saw your blog address in an e-mail from you. Hope that's okay. :) Your story is so hilarious!! Thanks for sharing. (Shiree)

Anonymous said...

Oh common... do you really think there are ANY doctors in Springtown? Don't give that place so much credit.

Fressia Vaughn said...

True enough... I wonder if there is even anyone in that town who has all their teeth and a clean pair of shoes....

Allyson said...

Fressia, this is Kristy's sister, Allyson. I am still laughing out loud over this story.

Fressia Vaughn said...

Haha, me too. Meet my family! =)

Heidi said...

OUCH!