7/8/07

Count Your Blessings...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3842331/

Over the past few years I've visited the site above many times. The pictures always bring a range of emotions that get me thinking about my own life and how fortunate I am to live in a country that, although it is not perfect, is better than any other I can think of or know about. Not only that, but I also live a life full of comforts that many, even in this country, don't enjoy.

So often I get bogged down by the things I don't have (a husband, kids, my own house, a college degree) and the things that I haven't experienced (traveling, marriage, being the best at whatever...) that I forget to be thankful for the things that I do have (an amazing family, tons of beautiful nieces and nephews, a college education) and have experienced (living in Chicago, having a beautiful roof over head, being pretty darn good at most things I put my mind to.)

It's not an easy thing to be thankful, at least not for me. It's not easy to focus on the positive when the world trend is to focus on the negative. We're bombarded with negative images from the media, negative comments from coworkers, gossip, fascination with the horrific, etc. I would love to be able to be conscientious of nothing but the positive around me. It would be nice if someone would tell me the secret to being able to do this.

Anyway, click on the link. Enjoy the pictures and be grateful for what you have. And remind me to be if you ever hear me complain. Which you will.

No comments: