7/30/07

Reasons Why I'm Not Married

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, especially since Matt and I broke up.
Sometimes I feel bad about it, sometimes I'm happy about it, and sometimes I'm just not thinking about it (surprisingly). However, with my long commute to work, and my impatience with the incessant advertising on the radio I have a lot of time to ponder my solitary lifestyle, the pros and cons as well as the reasons why.


#10. I have moved all over the freaking U.S. and never stayed put long enough to drop roots anywhere. But, I've loved it all and learned a ton and I'm grateful I've had the opportunities to move a lot. It makes me more well-rounded.

#9. I was in love with a guy who wasn't in love with me for SIX years. That's right... six years! I missed out on a lot of opportunities because of how I felt about this guy. But I also had alot of fun because of him (a very memorable roadtrip with my sister where she ended up hooking up with his little brother). I'm sure everyone who reads this blog and knows me knows the first and last name of this guy.
#8. I'm a workaholic/schoolaholic. School and work take precedence over my social life. Not necessarily because I want it that way, but because I'm good at those two things - not so good as a socialite. I love my studies and my work.





#7. I'm content to hang out with the fam. I have the most fun with my family - cousins, siblings, mom, nieces/nephews, aunt, dad and three close friends. They appreciate me and all my idiosyncrasies... or rather they tolerate them and love me despite them.



#6. I have issues. It's hard for me to believe in "true love" even though practically everyone I'm close to has found it. Or claims to. Meet the pessimist in me.#5. I haven't found someone who doesn't get worn out by me. I've heard I make people tired. And though that sounds like a bad thing - I take it as a compliment. #4. It's hard for me to fall for someone. I might be picky. But I don't think that's the case... I just always fall for guys that I wouldn't marry.
#3. I might be intimidating. Which is odd since I'm extremely shy myself in a lot of situations. (See #8) I'm loud, I'm bossy, I'm usually right unless you can convince me otherwise, I'm opinionated and passionate about almost anything I'm involved in. I care deeply about a lot of strange things that don't make any sense...
#2. My sister once said that I'm very unique (mom thinks so too). Brit said (with all the sweetness of a loving sister) that I'm not easy to deal with and it's going to take one heck of a special guy to actually be able to handle me. Once again, I take that as a compliment.



#1. ??????????????

5 comments:

diana said...

I love that you've found the things that make you tick but you know we're all just as crazy! :)You will find the one if you really want to, stop looking at the negative and enjoy life. People will be drawn to your happiness.

Heidi said...

cute new blog heading! we are having fun with you staying here, thanks for all your help! Maybe Kristy and Brian will stay on vacation longer so we can enjoy you more!

Kristy Martin said...

you're a dork....go do your homework! We miss you, but we're having fun!

Queen Bitch said...

Come up to Idaho for a visit. We would show you a great time. Believe it or not, I've heard some of the same comments from a single male. You need a break. Take time to live life. It passes by too quickly.

Fressia Vaughn said...

Ain't that the truth??? I do need a break and I would love to come to Idaho. I like your guys' area there. I need to get there before it gets cold. Who's this male?