8/12/07

First Time Wakeboarding Since My Accident

January 22, 2005 I blew my knee out wakeboarding. Not your typical "blow my knee out" ACL incident, but literally tore EVERYTHING that held my knee together. I had four reconstructive surgeries over the next eight months and LOTS of physical therapy. I hadn't wakeboarded since then, until yesterday. I went out with an old friend and some of his friends. I got up on the first try, popped right out of the water! I didn't get hurt and I did really well, despite being more scared of something than I think I've ever been.... here are some pictures from yesterday.

Check out my bionic looking leg...

This is Barry, he owns the boat...

Here is Davey...


Tubing has to be one of my favorite things - I always have the most fun on the tube...

Here's me and Davey on the tube...

And some more random ones...





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. I guess I can forgive you for missing my daughters birthday. I'm sure she'll get over it in time.. ~Heidi (i'm too lazy to sign in before i leave this comment..)

the peine's said...

How fun! I LOVE wakeboarding! I'm so glad it went smoothly!